Monday, March 5, 2018

Aria's personal writing



Do you know me??

2005 Nov the 6th was the year a young girl started to experience the things that surrounded her when she first opened her eyes. Instead of her mum, her sister gave a little girl a name that she will cherish until the end  - Aria Jury. About 12 years have passed and many things have happened since. Until now she knows that there is still more adventures that await her.

A family of four lives in New Zealand's Capital city, But currently I am living in Porirua where everything was about to change my whole life. Corinna school is where I go to learn about things I never knew in life. Sadly this is my last year at this school so I will be off to college, oh yeah!!!

Being the youngest is great but being with the oldest sister is even better. A while ago I asked one of my teachers, Kate Collins, a question, “Did you teach my sister back then when she went to Corinna” the answer was pretty surprising, actually she didn’t even say anything because when I saw that surprising smile on Kate's face I knew the answer straight away.

In 2016  I was all like “I don’t know what to do” only because I was stuck every time I did something but everything changed ever since I joined Martial arts where they help me to be more confident in myself.
“It’s okay to be afraid that it’s better to be brave”. After I heard those words I was all motivated, I could finally do something instead of just sitting there and doing nothing.

Kō Taranaki te maunga,
Kō Patea te awa,
Kō Tainui te waka,
Kō Nga Ruahine te iwi
Kō Ngati Tama Ahuroa me Titahi te hapu,
Kō Oeo te pa.

All of that just now is apart of me and my family. I am not any other culture except Maori.Just Maori and I am proud of that.

My goal for this year would be to participate in things I haven’t tried before or haven’t played in a while more like talking about flag, started when I was a year 5, now starting it again on my last year. The only reason that this is my goal is that I want to spend the year being a leader by participating in sports and other things.

You may think that this is the end but
there is still more things that await me.

No comments:

Post a Comment