Monday, August 21, 2017

Polyfest learning story




IMG_7736.JPGEvery 2 years we have Polyfest. What is Polyfest you say? Polyfest is when schools do cultural dances and show off their moves to everybody. We also have cultural groups e.g Maori, Cook Island, Samoan, Tokelau and Kapa haka we all have our own flair to the dance. We have been practising for months to make it perfect till the big day. There have been some bad moments and some proud moments during this.

The big day came. The hall was packed. All these people came to see their kids shining on the stage to make them happy and proud. We all did a good job wait scratch that we did a fantastic job on our performance.

I was good at being a role model for others to copy so they can learn quickly and be respectable to the tutors also I am good at choosing appropriate behaviours to learn and improve so I know what's best for me.

Angel noticed that I was using a lot of facial expression e.g Smiling.
Sareta noticed that I was doing big sharp actions when I was performing. I noticed other people like Anita singing her hardest when she was on the stage by herself and Samuel dancing sassy as usual and putting a lot of effort in it.

I got better at being patient because I was would kinda moan all the time about when we are going to do something or if we are going to leave but I would just sit or stand there and wait until its finish or starts.

Next time I need to work on sharing my skills by teaching others because I was a bit shy when we were practising because I was in a new group I have never been in before and that is Senior Samoan I didn’t know what to do because I was usually in Maori.

No comments:

Post a Comment