Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Aria's Art learning story

Aria’s Art learning story.      Success Criteria

We all don’t know what's real and what's not real but we do know that it comes from our imagination.

This is Surrealism art. Just before you ask “What the heck is surrealism art” I'm going to ask you guys some questions. Have you ever imagined combining a bridge as your eyes on your face? Or on the other half of your face there’s a tiger? Actually that’s what surrealism is, combining two or more pictures together to create something extraordinary  instead of ordinary.

I was good at putting in something that was important to me that told you about my identity e.g as you can see there is a cat, you might just think “Oh I guess she like cats” Which I do but I drew a cat because he’s been with me ever since I was like around 6 yrs old. He’s taken care of me whenever I am feeling emotional or sick but later on he is just being lazy!
Fact: Surrealism was created in 1920 and there were many artist that was doing this kind of art like Pablo Picasso.

What I felt about my surrealism art was like, how can I explain it. It was like a cheery feeling that just make me smile whenever I looked at it. How? Well it reminds me of how much hard work I put into it by making it how I want it to be.

What I got better at was not going all random. What I mean is that the first art I did was just putting a bunch of stuff on my face and that turned out to be quite messy so then what I did was just do rough drafts and putting less than two things on my face. Each time I had to think carefully about how my art communicated important things about my identity. This was the hard part.

Tip: Always do a plan and by doing a plan you have to draw fast so then you can  move onto the next draft. Also try not to do bold lines because it’s meant to be quick and done. You can do that on your perfect draft.

My next steps is maybe to include something that seems impossible because I want to try and take some more risks and also see what I can do. I will achieve that for next time. I will think of something that is nearly impossible for me and I shall draw it and see where it will go.




No comments:

Post a Comment